Students are considered full members. Here are some great ways to encourage students to join your PTA:
- Put an enthusiastic and supportive student member on your membership committee.
- Provide membership invitations with membership envelopes in the summer registration packets to all students including incoming students from middle/junior high schools.
- Set up a PTA/PTSA table on student registration days and other school events. Highlight activities that benefit students.
- Publicize the West Virginia PTA Scholarship and the membership requirements.
- Provide student members with school and community service volunteer opportunities which can be listed on their college applications.
- Encourage and welcome students in PTA leadership positions. It looks great on their college applications!
- Involve students in the planning and execution of PTA events.
- Consider changing your meeting time to encourage more student participation.
- Encourage student delegates to attend the West Virginia PTA Convention.
- Challenge a nearby high school to a friendly student membership competition.